Saturday, September 12, 2009

Turn of Events..

So following my rant on automatic spammers.. er updaters.. I went to check out what hippoTech had as a friend was using it and well, I've always liked hippo for their good products.

Lo and behold though they advertise the two methods of updating as OnRez and Timed, just what I don't want. I didn't want to spend 750L$ on a product that would go and spam my users when I hated it myself. I'd have to buckle down and just deal with the small updater I'd set up and be done with it. But fortuitously enough my friend answered my questions and voila, hippo's scripts are full perm so that advanced users can integerate them better into their products. Two minutes after looking at them I have modified them to work only when called.

So, what does this mean? It means that upcoming and recent items will have the use of hippoTechs web-enabled updater but won't spam you, only checking for updates when you ask it too.

Simplicity Cuffs, Pony Bridle and Chastity Belt (last two not out yet see next bit of post for time frame) will be the first to receive this new update service which will take a load off my back when it comes to updating my stuff.

Onto the next bit. My own projects have been delayed. For how long is hard to say; a month at the most. I've accepted my first commission job from a friend and thus my time this next while will be spent scripting for him. Now this is not to say my own projects won't see progress, I'll hardly be working on my new project all the time, but things won't be released or updated just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment