Saturday, July 25, 2009

Last minute..

Seems of all the things I planned out for my cuffs I forgot one. LockGuard v2 compatibility! Well so I started adding in support for it when I came across an issue; how do I tell the cuffs what LG to call for?

Keep in mine the base design behind me cuffs, no pose is set, and they'll be a plugin that allows customers to make their own poses. How does the cuffs know which poses to use LG with?

I use a code of my own stored as part of the anim names to make chains from cuff to cuff but it's not designed to work with LG; seeing as I forgot about that at the time.

So I'm left with a choice:

a) Keep the system as is and forgo LG support
b) Totally replace my chain system and code support to work with LG which delays the cuffs release
c) do B but as an update instead of before release

Personally I'm leaning towards B, I know I know; delays suck! But A doesn't seem like a good choice and C has issues. If I do C then I'm stuck with people who have anims that don't contain the new code. What if I need a pose to attach to the ankles or a belt? There's no currently supported code for such actions and it may just be easier to redo the system now instead of having to update everyones anims.

Or I could stick basic support in, not any calls but anchor points at least so other products can chain to the cuffs but they won't attach to others. That shouldn't take to long and is better then nothing (A) but isn't the hassle of re-writing an entire system.

*shakes her head* I don't know. It needs more thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment