Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Pissed Off

Guess what I just found out?

Turns out that 'friend' I had my falling out with awhile back isn't done being an asshole. I just found one of his newer creations, powered by scripts bearing my name as creator and function suspiciously identical to scripts I wrote awhile ago. And he's using them without my permission. How did he get them? I wrote them when I was friends with him, used them in a device on his property and, seeing as he booted me (and afaik banned me) from his land when we had our falling out I could never go and reclaim it.

So now he has it, and is using it in his product that has his name on it. If a DMCA was easier to file it'd be done already, but as is it's to much of a hassle for an object I found sitting in a play sim. But rest assured if that product hits stores and it contains my scripts still, I may just go through the hassle of filing a DMCA if only to see him burn for his unfathomable arrogance.

What do you think, you think a script created and written by me and basically stolen from me, then used without my permission is a violation of copyright and IP (Intellectual Property) rights?

1 comment:

  1. DMCA might be a little tough, but filing an abuse report for theft of content with the Lindens might be a way to go.

    As a private aside, is this by chance who I think it is? First name starts with 'W'?

    Give me a shout in SL some time! It's been 'way too long since we said Hi.

    Corvan

    ReplyDelete